Why Is PE Important?
-Promotes positive lifelong healthy attitudes
-Improves muscular strength, flexibility, and endurance
-Improves self-confidence, self-esteem, self-control
-Helps children establish and strive for achievable, personal goals
A Physically Educated Person...
-Has learned skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities
-Is physically fit
-Participates regularly in physical activities
-Knows the implications of and the benefits from involvement in physical activities
What Constitutes A Quality Physical Education Program?
A quality Physical Education programs helps students:
- Learn how to achieve and maintain physical fitness and healthy lifestyles
What Can You Do?
- Explore their unique physical talents
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of their responsibilities as citizens
- Develop positive character traits that will help them make good decisions about behavior that support their overall well-being.
1) As a parent you can do a number of things in our community and state to assure quality Physical Education programs for your children.
2) Join the Health, Physical Education Curriculum Committee
3)Talk to the Physical Education teachers and principals in your child's school about their program and how you can provide support.
4) Encourage your children to practice skills and share information learned in Physical Education class.
5) Set an example for your children by being physically active on a regular basis. Plan more physical activities that involve the entire family. Encourage your children to participate in physical activities outside of school